Thursday, January 29, 2009

Loving Donations of Locks -- Heather Hyatt (top) and Taylor James (below)




Two of my students were inspired by my cancer experience to cut their beautiful locks and donate their hair for wigs. Taylor James and Heather Hyatt had their hairdressers cut many, many inches of hair to contribute to a very worthwhile cause. I am so proud of them!

Speaking of hair donations, a very dear PTA volunteer at Gary’s school approached him one day and told him that she hadn’t cut her hair (which is a beautiful shade of red) for seven years, since her son’s birth. She graciously offered to cut her hair to have a wig made for me. I had already purchased a wig, but Gary and I were so touched at her selflessness and generosity. The world is full of giving and amazing individuals. Our family is indeed fortunate to be surrounded by such people.




No comments: